Q & A with Dylan Browne McMonagle
1 ) If you weren’t a jockey what would you be?
I’d be a boxer if I wasn’t a jockey.
2) Any goals for the upcoming season?
My goals for the season would be to try and beat last year’s numbers.
3) What race would you most like to win?
The race i would most like to win would have to be the Epsom Derby.
4) What has been your career highlight so far?
The highlight so far would have to be winning the National Stakes.
5) Who’s the funniest man in the weighroom?
6) How do you manage your weight for riding?
By finding a routine that works for you as everyone’s body is different. Try to cut down on as much unhealthy food as you can, eat well and do as much exercise as possible.
7) What’s your favorite racetrack?
8) Does your routine change in preparation for the return of the turf?
Routine doesn’t change, still working every day and doing some training. I would be doing that up until the season starts and then I will be racing most days.
9) You were a highly talented boxer when you were younger, have you still kept up boxing as your riding career continues to progress?
No I had to give up boxing when I started racing, it was either one or the other.
10) What horses are you most looking forward to this season?